Friday 21 March 2014

How to design a dress for your American Girl Doll

Hi everyone!
Today I'm going to show you how to design a dress for your American Girl doll!

Sorry, don't know what happened to this one :(



You will need:
Your doll
Some paper
A pencil
And an iPad for research and inspiration (optional)



Once you have got a few ideas, start designing by drawing the dress outline on paper. Then add in the details.


And any notes that are important.





Colour it in


And make sure you show it to your doll before you finish! You need to get her approval first before you go ahead and make it.


Here's the finished product!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Please comment and let me know.


Extra details: My backdrop is a blanket, my clothes are handmade, my desk is a desk drawer with a book on top and a piece of fabric for a table cloth, my chair is a small gift box, my American Girl doll is a Cecile Rey mini doll who I got last year in June, her hair is a little crazy now, her shoes are Molly's, and the rest of her outfit is handmade.


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Aww… she's got the iPad Sami gave her. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, she does! She loves that iPad!

      Delete

Hi everyone!
Thanks so much for all your comments, they really make my day! Please make sure not to use God's name in vain, swear words, or text language. Any comments that do not follow these rules will be immediately deleted. Thank you. Happy commenting!
Melody
xx